Join · Login ·

 
Listings
RSS
 
Cape Perpetua Scenic Area The Forest Service created the Cape Perpetua Scenic Area and built the Cape Perpetua Visitor Center in the 1960s to highlight the unique beauty of the central Oregon Coast. The scenic area includes 2,700 acres of old growth spruce, Douglas-fir, and western hemlock. Campi…
72 days ago · From Marileen
The Pelican Bay Light (or Port of Brookings Light) is a small, privately owned lighthouse in Brookings, Oregon, United States. It overlooks the Port of Brookings Harbor and the mouth of the Chetco River. Built as an addition to an existing house, Pelican Bay Light is maintained by the Cady family of…
137 days ago · From Marileen
Cleft of the Rock Light is a privately owned lighthouse located on the Pacific coast of the U.S. state of Oregon, 1.8 miles (2.9 km) south of Yachats on Cape Perpetua. It was built in 1976 by former Tillamook Rock Light attendant and lighthouse historian James A. Gibbs who was active in preserving …
137 days ago · From Marileen
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, the Umpqua River Light is a lighthouse on the Oregon Coast of the United States, located at the mouth of the Umpqua River on Winchester Bay, in Douglas County, Oregon. Located at the mouth of Winchester Bay, Oregon, the first Umpqua River …
138 days ago · From Marileen
Coquille River Light (formerly known as Bandon Light) is a lighthouse located near Bandon, Oregon, United States. It is currently maintained by the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department as a part of Bullards Beach State Park. Originally named Bandon Light, Coquille River Light was commissioned in …
138 days ago · From Marileen
The Cape Arago Light (formerly known as Cape Gregory Light) is a lighthouse located in Charleston, Oregon. It is located 2.6 miles (4.2 km) north of Cape Arago. Starting in the mid-19th century, Coos Bay had become an important shipping point on the west coast of the United States. The amount of sh…
143 days ago · From Marileen
In a deed recorded in 1867, John D. and Mary West sold the United States a 47.3-acre tract of land. The Light-House board determined that the offshore reef and islands at Cape Blanco were dangerous to maritime commerce; therefore, a lighthouse was authorized for construction. Over the next three ye…
143 days ago · From Marileen
The Cape Meares Light is an inactive lighthouse on the coast of Oregon. It is located on Cape Meares just south of Tillamook Bay. It is open to the public. Built in 1890, Cape Meares Light served as the light station for Tillamook Bay. When it was built, the lighthouse complex included two keeper's…
144 days ago · From Marileen

Menu

 
Back to Top